Thursday 13 January 2011

FirstWomen is going places in 2011

Thought I would start my blog by showing you a picture of me and the "golfing sisters" at the National Portrait Gallery, taken last November when my photo of the same octogenarian sisters was shown as part of the launch of the International Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2010. 

Over the next few weeks I will tell you how my work came to be featured in the NPG as one of just 60 portraits out of 6000 and what's inspired me to undertake the project of a lifetime - FirstWomenUK. I hope you will enjoy following me and hearing at first hand what it is like to photograph the women who have achieved true "landmark" status by being "the first female" to achieve something within their particular field.

Anita, Creator of FirstWomenUK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts